Wednesday, January 2, 2008

McDreamy??

While watching previews for a movie I noted one with whats-his-face, Patrick Dempsey in it and turned to my unfortunately straight friend and inquired if she found him attractive. She affirmed that she indeed did and when confronted with my puzzled expression, explained that while he did look like a rather ordinary fellow he "just had something". I was rather confused. Was it his trademark hair (of which I was rather unimpressed with)? A rugged something or other? His perpetual five o'clock shadow (do straight gals really find that attractive??)? I, not sure if this was an issue of my being as queer as a three dollar bill (so I'm generally not gaga over men, period) or if McDreamy possess some unseen quality that is worthy of the hype and my tastes just happen to be part of the minority. Well that debate may be one that will never be settled, but I'm just going to take this opportunity to shower some love for some fabulous haired women in entertainment.

McBritish: Rachael Weiss

Just look at that hair (and not those eyebrows)! Gorgegous!


McOddity: Helena Bonham Carter

Despite being typecast as a kooky madwoman (her most recent role as Ms. Lovitt in Sweeny Todd was fantastic) there's something about this often time gothic and majorly wierd, crazy haired lady.


McFlashy: Jennifer Beals

No big haired beautiful lady post would be complete without her. I really should just rename this blog as the Jennifer Beals Photo Shrine. Heh.


McSnarky: Ellen Page

The scarsticlly lovable star of Juno (she also starred in Hard Candy and surprisngly X-Men as Kitty Pryor). Granted, her hair isn't that big at all...but she's so cute I couldn't resist posting her up here.

1 comment:

TheHOchieS said...

That little Ellen is cute but forever ruined as the freak from Hard Candy! And I subconsciously blocked her from memory as Kitty Pride, an X-Men character I never liked.
I'm sure Juno will redeem her for me though.
And yes, I don't find McDreamy that Dreamarific but then again, I'm persecuted by you alls for my love of the Bells and skinny rocker boys in general.
Perhaps I too, am not a good judge of him but like I said before, I'll give the man credit where it is due - he has aged well.