Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Gingers

I've been going to Ginger's since I returned home from college a few years ago. In that time I've only come to know it in it's former glory. Since Cattyshack was opened an avenue and a few blocks away, Gingers, once the ONLY and first GLBT bar in Park Slope has gotten significantly quieter. As such it was the nice laid back bar I went to when I was not in the mood for non-stop, all night dancing. It also always has a nice, mixed crowd as well. Well imagine my surprise when I stopped by this last Saturday and found a nice swell of people. With a DJ to liven things up to boot. While still not as packed and non-stop as Catty, sometimes that's just what a gal wants on a night out.

Ambiance: 2 Buddha Bellies (typical bar)
Music: 3 Buddha Bellies (DJ on weekends, jukebox all other times)
$$$: 4 Buddha Bellies (No Cover!, reasonably priced drinks)
Crowd: 3 Buddha Bellies

Overall: 3 Buddha Bellies A refreshing change of pace from the often packed and loud Cattyshack, Henrietta's and even Cubby Hole. Recommended.

No comments: