Thursday, April 30, 2009

Did I hear gay?

Utada Hikaru's new album (her third English release) has been out in stores and I have to say, while I prefer her Japanese work, I liked it a lot. It's catchy and silly. Ms. Utada also happens to have a rather enthusiastic gay following (or so I'm told) and it seems as if she gives em a little shout out on one of her tracks in this new album.

In the first chorus...

(On & On)

I just want to dance the night, the night, away
Go ahead and make my day, Mr. DJ
(Make the night go on and on, make the night go on and on)

[Chorus:]
Honeys, if you're gay, burn it up, like a gay parade
Honeys, if you're straight, bump it up, take it all away
Intoxicated, emancipated, unapologetic's what I am today
Light me up

Here's the song for those interested in hearing the catchy tune.

No comments: