Thursday, November 29, 2007

My new leading lady.

It's true, I'm starting a new relationship with a younger, sleeker,trendier and better performing leading lady. I've gone over to the dark side...the mac side. After much internal (and external) debate, I finally decided that I would finally make the switch I've been threatening to do for the last few years and have moved on over to the Mac. I referenced 3 magazines, 2 electronic review sites, got a number of testimonials from friends and family, and even had an international email forwarded to me. The answer was clear, overwhelmingly, Mac was the way to go. Two days ago I came to this grandiose conclusion.

So as the gadetphile that I am, I could not resist and headed over to the Soho Mac store last night. After a few questions with a "genius" and his slightly flamboyant but enthusiastic trainee, I found any of my additional concerns to be resolved and made the mucho dinero plunge. I even got a free printer/scanner/copier out of it. Oh happy day.

Well I hauled it home and since I got back relatively late decided that it was best that I left it to tonight to explore. That being said, I still couldn't resist looking up applications and widgets to download. Here are some fun widgets that may come in handy.

Bush Countdown
Countdown for time remaining in office for President Bush. No judgements, just a fun timer to monitor how much time he has remaining. (Though yes I do have judgements and get your mind outta the gutter!)

Cluck the Chicken Widget
Cluck the Chicken will answer any question. Save yourself from indecision. (Indecision is the headline of my life...)

Hula Girl
What Dashboard is complete without a dancing Hula Girl?

Peep Attack Pro
A variation of the Peep Attack Widget, the Peep will randomly change to one of 7 colors after being dropped into Dashboard.(B/c I have a sugar tooth obession with Peeps)

Hah! I can't wait till I get home tonite!
Oh and I fixed the duplicate video link for the L-Word Season 5 Promo in the previous post.

No comments: